Mobile social tips for hotels, restaurants, local deals sites, airlines, food trucks and destinations Today’s news from Caesars Entertainment is a good example of how major hotel chains are embracing mobile social strategies. Caesars will be rewarding in-resort guests for check-ins and tweets at 9 properties, including Planet Hollywood, Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Rio, […]
If you’re still getting your head around how to tap into apps like Foursquare then here is your wake up call. The introduction of location-based apps, and their staggering growth in usage, has resulted in probably one of the biggest opportunities in marketing and it is still early days. Sadly, the only wake up call […]
10 of the biggest mistakes brands make with social media People ask us all the time how to improve their social media presence, but a lot of times we find that brands aren’t really sure what they’re doing with social networks or why. They treat it like traditional marketing. Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, […]
With new travel-related apps launching every day, and social “check-ins” on location-based apps such as Foursquare becoming more mainstream, how big is the opportunity to engage travelers while they’re on the go? Probably the biggest thing that has ever happened to the industry… Mobile usage is taking off & the mobile world is coming: In […]
Many restaurant are checking Twitter while you are in their restaurant. Michael White (from Marea, on another panel) even mentioned changing a chair when someone complained about it on Twitter during dinner. Many of them see it as a great tool for being able to listen to what your guests are saying.
Cabsense NYC – This iPhone app should come in handy for New Yorkers! It will show on a map, based on your location, the best corners to stand on to catch a cab in Manhattan. For the data geeks out there, and this is actually interesting, the developers got data from the NY Taxi Commission and studied 90 million taxi cab trips in order to figure out, depending on the time of day, the best places to get a cab.
Marketing advice for travel and wine brands. Twitter: @mindyjoyce / sugarflymarketing.com
- RT @castelluccinv: Honored to be one of the newest members of @NapaVintners Proud to support @AuctionNapa #WineWednesday #Castellucci #Nap… 3 hours ago
- Napa Valley resort @CalistogaRanch is for sale northbaybusinessjournal.com/industrynews/6… 3 hours ago
- The French Laundry moves to ticket system sfgate.com/food/insidesco… #NapaValley 21 hours ago
- @DaveDTC btw this is the first of two luxury inns for the Castelluccis. Just south of St Helena opening in June inkhousenapavalley.com 2 days ago
- @DaveDTC Yes would love to meet you! No winery yet for Castelluccis but fabulous to have you taste their wines. Let me know when suits 2 days ago